Sunday, February 15, 2015

Kala Ghoda Art Festival 2015 - Mumbai

Apart from being my home country, I like India because it is perhaps the most colorful country in the world. The sheer diversity and unpredictability of the country makes up for the one of the best recipe for photography. With all the new technology that make photography very affordable for amateur photographers like us, the scope and possibilities for photography in India are limitless. 

For many years, I kept hearing great feedback about Kala Ghoda Art festival in Mumbai and wanted to visit it one day. This year the festival started on 7th Feb 2015 and was scheduled to end today, 15th Feb 2015. So I decided, I should go and make visit before I miss it for yet another year. 

Getting to Kala Ghoda Art Festival 
Most of my readers (at least as of today) are Indians, so they typically know the challenges of travelling from one part of the Mumbai to another. But for my non-Indian readers, I just wanted to give you an idea of what it takes to get to Kala Ghoda Art Fest (or for that matter any place in India) so just in case if you ever decide to go around in Mumbai, you are prepared.  Well basically - if you want to reach 'quick' take train. If you have time and can wait in long traffic, take a personal car. I decided to take train (from Kandivali to Churchgate) so that I could reach quickly (btw - by quick I mean 1 hour) and then there is about 10 mins walk to the place where the festival is hosted. 

What happened over there
Oh well, this is a whole different story. I was all excited to go to Kala Ghoda festival. I had all my gear, ready to take photographs. BUT - the moment I reached there, I saw an ocean of people and my first reaction was "WHAT THE HELL !!" It took about 10-15 mins for me to get inside as there was super long queue. I didn't lose hope yet, I finally got inside and all I saw was more people ! 

The funny thing is - most of the art work is covered/surrounded by people trying to take their picture with it, without realizing that the art work itself is not coming in the picture (because they covered it !!). 

The art work were beautiful, but the amount of crazy crowed kinda frustrated me. I decided not to take a lot of pictures and enjoy the art as much as I could. Reason ? because there was hardly any scope for getting a clean shot ! Most of the shots would only have people's heads OR people taking their selfies. 

After enjoying the art for sometime (and of course taking a few pictures), I decided to leave early and go to Marine Drive (Queen's Necklace area) and try my luck over there. 

Here are the pictures that I could get - 







Overall I wished I went a bit earlier OR may be on a weekday to avoid crown and enjoy the festival more... A lesson ! :-) 

Anyways - thanks for reading this post... you take care and have a wonderful day !


No comments:

Post a Comment