Tuesday, January 6, 2015

New additions to my photography gear

Whether you are a Pro photographer or a hobby photographer, we all suffer from what photographers call 'GAS' (Gear Acquisition Syndrome). We always want to buy new photography gear and we somehow find a way to budget for it (big or small). 

This year was no different for me. I bought a couple of things that I hope will help me improve my photography. 

Dolica GX 600B200 Ball Head Aluminum Tripod


So this one goes back almost a year. I was looking for a good (semi-pro) tripod for a while and I was finally able to buy it this year.  I have had tripod before, a Vanguard tripod that I originally bought for my Canon Rebel T1i. It was a $30 tripod that everyone starts off with. Vanguard tripod was a decent tripod, very useful with my T1i, but somehow not sturdy enough to support my Canon 6D. So I definitely needed an upgrade. I selected Dolica GX tripod series because 
  • It is a semi-pro tripod, loaded with features
  • Aluminum tripod, so it weighs less but is sturdy enough for my Canon 6D
  • Ball head 
  • And last but not the least, reversible center column (a feature that I always wanted) 
 
Canon PowerShot S110 

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the DSLRs that I own are absolutely wonderful and amazing ! But there are always times when you cannot carry the big DSLR camera with you. To take pictures in those situations, I wanted to buy a Point and Shoot camera that I could rely upon. I have had a Nikon point and Shoot camera that I bought about 5-6 years back, but honestly speaking I was not very impressed with that camera myself. While it was a good camera when there was enough light, it failed in low light situations. So this was a year to buy a new point and shoot and me being a Canon fanatic, was always going to buy a Canon. I had 2 options in mind S110 and S120, but I ultimately decided to go with S110 because of low cost. Since this was not going to be my primary camera, cost was a major factor in making that decision. The camera ofcourse is wonderful with good daylight and low light performance. 


What next?
Well, I have a long list of things that I want to buy in 2015. But let's see how much I am able to buy from that list :-) until then, keep clicking and keep reading my blog !! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment